Junior Composite Design Engineer
Bold Valuable Tech are looking for a skilled engineer with knowledge in CATIA, Composite design and Mechanical design, to work on new components design with a short turnaround and high-performance requirements, for our new office and production plant in Barcelona, (Spain). The tasks will be performed under the supervision of the Design Office Manager and in close cooperation with other team members.
- Design of components using Catia V5.
- Generation of 3D and 2D detailed drawings using Catia v5.
- To prepare and create manufacturing drawings of approved designs, individual production parts, tooling design and assembly drawings.
- To produce drawings for tender submissions.
- To maintain an up to date technical awareness of the business requirements.
- To carry out all duties in accordance with the company policy and standards.
- To work closely with suppliers during the build phase of the project to help resolve any build/assembly issues.
- To work in accordance with the requirements of the drawing office control system.
- Work closely with the Design Office Manager to coordinate and effectively plan and programme the designs to ensure the assembly team has sufficient time to meet key dates and deadlines.
- Liaise directly with subcontractors when necessary.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent CAD design experience.
- Working knowledge and experience of Catia v5.
- Intermediate level of English minimum.
- Legally permitted to work in the EU.
- Motorsport design experience (Composite and/or Mechanical).
- Experience in FEA and/or CFD simulations.
- Knowledge of Battery Systems.
- Permanent contract
- Be part of a start-up that thrives on high-performance batteries and structures.
- Barcelona is one of the best cities to live in as it offers plenty of opportunities to have a good time outside work. The weather is unbeatable as is the quality of life.