Senior Composite Design Engineer
Bold is a young electric vehicle technology company. We leverage our experience in motorsports to develop high-performance battery technology that is light weight, modular and scalable. We want to make Formula 1 battery technology available at scale.
After achieving a +200% organic revenue growth (no marketing, no external investment/grants) over the last 2 years, Bold is currently preparing for an unprecedented growth stage and is looking to fill several key positions within the company to execute the business plan.
About the role: the Senior Design Engineer will be responsible to perform Composite Engineering tasks using the latest state-of-the-art tools, leveraging top-class engineering principles knowledge.
- Analysis and verification of initial specifications.
- Design of components using Catia V5.
- Generation of 3D and 2D detailed drawings using Catia v5.
- Prepare and create manufacturing drawings of approved designs, individual production parts, tooling design and assembly drawings.
- Produce drawings for tender submissions.
- Maintain an up-to-date technical awareness of the business requirements.
- Carry out all duties in accordance with the company policy and standards.
- Work closely with suppliers during the build phase of the project to help resolve any build/assembly issues.
- Work according to the requirements of the drawing office control system.
- Work closely with the Design Office Manager to coordinate and effectively plan and programme the designs to ensure the assembly team have suitable time to meet key dates and deadlines.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent R&D design experience.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Catia v5.
- Structural Design experience
- In depth knowledge of composite manufacturing processes, especially for prepreg components, including tooling, inserts, cores and all associated processes.
- Proficient in the English language.
- Motorsport industry experience.
- FEA and / or CFD experience
- Vast knowledge of materials used in motorsport and aerospace applications (metallic alloys / technical polymers / composites).
- Permanent contract with a competitive salary and bonus
- Be part of a start-up that thrives on high-performance EV powertrains.
- Based near Barcelona, one of the best cities to live in as it offers plenty of opportunities to have a good time outside work.