Senior Composite Design Engineer
Bold Valuable Tech are looking for a senior engineer with knowledge in CATIA, Composite / Mechanical design and Battery development, to work on new systems with a short turnaround and high-performance requirements, for our new office and production plant in Barcelona (Spain). Engineering skills of all types are welcome provided this person can carry out the reasonably expected duties of an experienced CATIA Composites manufacturing engineer. The tasks will be performed under the supervision of the Design Office Manager and in close cooperation with other team members.
- Design of components using Catia V5.
- Generation of 3D and 2D detailed drawings using Catia v5.
- To prepare and create manufacturing drawings of approved designs, individual production parts, tooling design and assembly drawings.
- To produce drawings for tender submissions.
- To maintain an up-to-date technical awareness of the business requirements.
- To carry out all duties in accordance with the company policy and standards.
- To work closely with suppliers during the build phase of the project to help resolve any build/assembly issues.
- To work in accordance with the requirements of the drawing office control system.
- Work closely with the Design Office Manager to coordinate and effectively plan and programme the designs to ensure the assembly team has sufficient time to meet key dates and deadlines.
- Liaise directly with subcontractors when necessary.
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or equivalent CAD design experience.
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with Catia v5.
- Structural Design experience
- In–depth knowledge of composite manufacturing processes, especially for prepreg components, including tooling, inserts, cores and all associated processes.
- Advanced level of English
- Must have permission to work legally in the EU.
- Motorsport design experience (Composite and/or Mechanical).
- Experience in FEA and/or CFD simulations.
- Knowledge of Battery Systems.
- Vast knowledge of materials used in motorsport and aerospace applications (metallic alloys/ceramics/composites)
- Permanent contract.
- Be part of a start-up that thrives on high-performance batteries and structures.
- Barcelona is one of the best cities to live in as it offers plenty of opportunities to have a good time outside work. The weather is unbeatable as is the quality of life.