Bold Valuable Tech is looking for Software Engineers to contribute to the development and deployment of specialized processes for our cutting-edge Battery products, in our new office, located in Montmeló (Spain). Battery development at BOLD is becoming an integral part of our company, which allows this exciting and innovative opportunity to work directly on the central challenges with our custom-made battery packs. Bold is a demanding and fast-paced environment where you will work with a highly motivated team on extremely challenging projects. Our company is growing and moving, and we look forward to finding someone who is adaptable and able to propose solutions in this fast-paced environment. For this position, our Software Engineers will work closely with cross-functional teams (HW and TEST), under the supervision of the Design Office Manager, to design and implement procedures and tools for software development and product testing. The starting point will be the development of a custom-made internal cutting-edge battery pack. This will be a hands-on position working with prototypes, battery packs, laboratory equipment and data obtained by testing and simulation.
- Software Developer (Embedded):
- Define Software development process and tools (Requirements, Architecture, Detailed Design, Unitary Test)
- Develop bootloader, firmware (HAL) and application layers.
- Perform SW Unitary Test and Integration Test
- Software Developer (Testing applications):
- Define and implement/develop software tools for testing bootloader, application, diagnostics and communications.
- Define GUIs/Dashboards for data visualization.
- Collaboration with internal and external suppliers on software solutions
- Enhancement of team productivity tools
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or equivalent degree; OR degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or related sciences and 2+ years of relevant work experience and skills.
- Experience writing, deploying, and maintaining embedded software on microcontrollers (C/C++)
- Experience in developing computer-based applications (C#, Visual Basic, others)
- Practical Experience
- Programming in C/C++
- ST STM32 Arm Cortex-based microcontrollers (like STM32L4).
- ST Power Architecture Processors (like MPC5xxx)
- Infineon ARM Cortex-M and TriCore.
- TI Arm-based MCUs and DSP/Real-time MCUs
- Drivers including DMA, SPI, I²C, flash, UART, USB, CAN, ETH and ADC
- Real Time OS for embedded systems
- Bootloaders via CAN, SPI or ETH
- Compilers (Clang), Scripting language (Python), and Build Automation (Make)
- Debugging, including SWD/JTAG and simple UART prints
- Writing efficient, secure code for resource-constrained systems
- CAN communication protocols and their design implications
- Proven experience and big supporter of automated testing (including unit/system/integration testing)
- High analytical problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Familiarity with Git or SVN based version control systems.
- Experience in fast-paced development environment
- Ability to work in a team or independently.
- English: advanced
- Spanish: advanced/native tongue)
- Catalan: desirable
- Experience as SW Architect
- Experience as System Test environment definition.
- Experience with SiL/HiL
- Experience of integrating C code with auto-generated code from a MATLAB/Simulink environment
- Basic understanding of circuit diagrams
- Experience in general electronic test tools (oscilloscope, soldering iron, function generator) to support software development and prototype testing activities.
- Experience in Over-the-air S/W update of images in flash
- Renewable energy (power electronics or battery systems), electric utility scale or automotive
- Practical knowledge of functional safety standards such as ISO26262 and/or BS EN 61508
- Knowledge of Battery Systems
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Motorsports interest
- Full time position
- Start date: immediately