Supply Chain & Procurement Manager
Bold is a young electric vehicle technology company. We leverage our experience in motorsports to develop high-performance battery technology that is light weight, modular and scalable. We want to make Formula 1 battery technology available at scale.
Bold is currently going through an unprecedented growth stage and is looking to fill several key positions within the company to execute the business plan.
About this role: the Supply Chain & Procurement Manager will play a pivotal role in creating the foundations of the Supply Chain & Procurement function that will allow Bold to scale successfully across Europe, US & APAC. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker and commercially driven, experienced in the role of SC&PM within a fast-growing electric vehicle technology company.
- Help the executive team and senior engineers identify procurement assets that
match the technical specifications and company strategy.
- Design and implement robust Procurement policies and procedures from scratch.
- Responsible for establishing technical partnerships with cell suppliers to feed the
required cells for standard products and customer products.
- Responsible for liaising with key equipment suppliers and in charge of
procurement for those items. Keep a healthy relationship with key vendors.
- In charge of supplying the hardware to the production team required to run
- Heavily involved in cost reduction strategies to increase company performance.
- Liaise with project managers to ensure projects run according to internal/external customer and engineering requirements.
- Identify and introduce new suppliers that adhere to QCT targets.
- In conjunction with COO, develop and implement the Quality Management System that is aligned with the strategy of the company.
- Perform supplier appraisal, including virtual or on-site audits, ensuring readiness to meet project standards (ISO9001, APQP, etc)
- Guide the company to implement an adequate ERP software for production and supply chain control
- ERP implementation experience.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal & influencing skills and with high levels of empathy
- Vast experience in drafting and negotiating agreements with supply chain
- Proactive and customer success driven.
- Proven network of supply chain connections in the EV space (automotive, e-VTOL, marine, etc) across Europe and Asia.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Proficient command of English
- Ability to track and manage multiple SC&PM programs from inception to implementation
- Willing to travel internationally if required
- Advanced knowledge of software programs (i.e. MS Excel, Access, Outlook and Word)
- Excited at the opportunity to join a high-growth start-up, comfortable operating in an ever-changing environment and able to adapt and thrive in such a business
- Automotive/EV industry experience, ideally at a high growth start-up / scale-up
- Exposure within a venture backed Scaleup
- Permanent contract with a competitive salary and bonus
- Be part of a start-up that thrives on high-performance EV powertrains.
- Based near Barcelona, one of the best cities to live in as it offers plenty of opportunities to have a good time outside work.